For those of you looking to join the leaders of the pack in the Indonesia scuba diving industry, look no further. The PADI Divemaster programme is your first step leadership level in the PADI System of diver education. This rating denotes you as a person who:
- Has a high level of personal diving skill
- Has instructor level knowledge of dive theory
- Has had significant training in how to assist an instructor during training activities
- Is able to assume appropriate responsibilities that benefit the welfare of other divers.
In other words, you’re the cream of the crop and we want you!
As you may know, many PADI Divemasters go on to become PADI Instructors. So, the training and experience you gain trough the PADI Divemaster programme helps shape your abilities and attitude toward becoming a professional level dive educator. To help shape you into a scuba professional, PADI has developed the PADI Divemaster Crew-Pak and various other material.
As a PADI Divemaster, you’ll be qualified to:
- Organise, conduct and supervise recreational dive activities, both land and boat based
- Assist PADI Instructors in conducting PADI diver programmes.
To qualify for PADI Divemaster training, you’ll need to:
- Be certified as an Advanced Open Water Diver
- Be certified as a Rescue Diver
- Have logged a minimum of 20 open water dives prior to entry into PADI Divemaster training, and completed and logged a minimum of 60 open water dives with experience in night, deep and navigation prior to certification as a PADI Divemaster
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be in good physical condition for diving and submit a medical exam form signed by a physician.
You’ll complete three phases in the PADI Divemaster programme whilst scuba diving Indonesia:
- Watermanship and skills assessment
- Watermanship and stamina
- General diving skills
- Diving physics
- Diving physiology
- Scuba skills and environment
- Supervising students in training
- Dive management and control
- Dive planning
- Emergency assistance plan for diving emergencies in the local area
- Mapping a local Indonesia dive site
This involves training activities using various structured training sessions, simulated scenarios and internship sessions with actual PADI programmes. These training sessions enable you to gain practical experience as an instructional assistant and a supervisor of open water diving activities, both as a coordinator and as an underwater guide.
As a PADI Divemaster you’ll be able to:
- Act as certified instructional assistant to PADI Instructors
- Supervise participants in PADI experience programmes for uncertified divers
- Generally supervise both training and no training related diving activities by planning, organising and directing dives
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Conduct the PADI Scuba Review program for certified divers
- Enrol in PADI Instructor level training.
Upon successfully completing the PADI Divemaster programme, you’ll receive a certification card and wall certificate denoting this rating. You’ll also become a member of PADI and receive benefits, including the ability to purchase professional liability insurance.
Location: Tulamben – Bali
Beach Dives: ~25
Duration: 4 weeks
Total Price (incl. all taxes): US$ 995 per person (includes certification costs, use of all diving equipment, and transfer to Tulamben from the south of Bali)
Total Package Price (incl. all taxes): US$ 1,295 per person (includes four weeks bed & breakfast, certification costs, use of all diving equipment, and transfer to Tulamben from the south of Bali)
Location: Manado – Bunaken – Sulawesi
Boat Dives: ~25
Duration: 4 weeks
Total Price (incl. all taxes): US$ 775 per person
• Book your dive Indonesia course
• PADI course price list